Vision for Sustainable Enterprise
As managers of one-of-a-kind landmark properties celebrated for exceptional guest experiences within unique natural settings, KSL believes that success and social responsibility are never mutually exclusive. A steadfast commitment to preserving our environment and communities is key to long-term viability.
Built on core values of excellence in service and the relentless pursuit of continuous improvement, KSL fosters a sustainable culture focused on the fundamental principles of ecological stewardship. Each of our iconic resorts supports and maintains a rigorous Sustainability Policy that involves a variety of front-of-house and behind-the-scenes conservation efforts that endeavor to:
- Reduce our carbon footprint through efficient and thoughtful energy usage, waste reduction, recycling efforts and use of environmentally friendly products.
- Reduce water consumption and other natural resources through conservation and low impact operations.
- Adopt green design and construction standards for retrofits to existing buildings and new facilities.
- Incorporate eco-conscious vendors that source locally and offer reduced packaging.
- Inspire our associates to become role models of sustainability by instilling pride in their extraordinary care and responsible actions with our guests, at our properties and in our communities.
- Save costs and maximize value through better use of resources, responsible operations, and investing in sustainable solutions with a positive return.
KSL Resorts has been the recipient of multiple ecological and energy conservation awards, including recognition from San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE), The Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission (TNRCC), Audubon International, Golf Course Superintendents Association of America for our environmental excellence.